Follow Us on TwitterFind us on Facebook

Santa Rosa Wineries

Hook and Ladder Winery

Hook & Ladder Winery
Wine Tastings $0-$10
Tel: 707-526-2255
2134 Olivet Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95401

In 1970, San Francisco firefighter Cecil De Loach and his wife, Christine, staked their claim in the wine grape business by purchasing 24 acres of old-vine Zinfandel in the Russian River Valley of Sonoma County.

In the early seventies, the De Loaches decided to acquire additional vineyard land.

For several years they watched others make notable wine from their grapes before making the decision to produce wine under the De Loach label in 1975.

More than three decades later, Cecil and Christine sold that label and have continued their winemaking skills at the helm of a small family winery that employs a simple philosophy - craft exceptional wines, from the highest quality grapes, that people love to drink.

We consider each step of the winemaking process an opportunity to showcase the distinctive flavors contained within our carefully cultivated grapes.

Compare and Save
on Car Rentals Worldwide

Every bottle of wine is a worthy representation of the best effort from each and every person at Hook and Ladder Vineyards and Winery.

Carol Shelton Wines - Wine Tastings $0
Tel: 707-575-3441
3354-B Coffey Lane
Santa Rosa, CA. 95403

Carol Shelton is widely cited as the most awarded winemaker in the United States. She has won countless medals for her wines and has been honored as Winemaker of the Year numerous times.

After years of working with some of the industry's top winemakers and wineries, Carol continues to win awards and accolades for premium Zinfandels produced under her own brand, Carol Shelton Wines.

D'Argenzio Winery - Wine Tastings $10
Tel: 707-546-2466
1301 Cleveland Ave. Suite A
Santa Rosa, CA 95401

D'Argenzio Winery, just minutes from downtown Santa Rosa, offers a unique tasting experience featuring an artfully designed tasting room, barrel tastings, and Italian varietals. Bring a lunch and enjoy the patio with a game of bocce ball and a glass of wine.

Or come to our music and wine events, held every Thursday from 5 to 9 p.m. featuring local musicians and Sonoma County's gourmet food trucks.

Martin Ray Winery - Wine Tastings $0
Tel: 707-823-2404
2191 Laguna Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95401

Escape to our retreat off the beaten path. Visit our Tasting Room located in the heart of the Russian River Valley.

Our historic location is one of the oldest wineries in Sonoma County. Enjoy select wines from Martin Ray Winery, featuring our renowned Mountain Reserve series.

Also taste the other wines from our Martin Ray family, including Angeline Winery and Courtney Benham wines. Bring a picnic and enjoy a glass of wine on our beautiful grounds among the lush gardens. Historic tours are available by appointment.

Just 60 miles north of San Francisco! Open Daily: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Matanzas Creek Winery - Wine Tastings $5-$20
Tel: 707-528-6464
Tel: 800-590-6464
6097 Bennett Valley Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95404

The unique character and beauty of Matanzas Creek's winery, vineyards, lavender field and gardens have earned the Estate worldwide recognition as a premier California wine country destination. Our Tasting Room is open daily from 10 am to 4:30 pm and no appointment is needed for a tasting.

Robert Rue Vineyard - Wine Tastings $5
Tel: 707-578-1601
Fax: 707-591.9249
1406 Wood Road
Fulton, CA. 95439

Wood Road soil is a sandy loam of relatively low Ph and fertility that permits our old vines to produce small Zinfandel berries with bright, concentrated cherry and blackberry fruit flavor.

This old vineyard is a traditional field-blend of approximately 15 percent Petite Sirah, Alicante Boschet and Carignane with the remaining 85 percent Zinfandel.

More Wineries

De Loach Vineyards - Wine Tastings $10
Tel: 707-526-9111
1791 Olivet Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95401

Fisher Vineyards - Wine Tastings $10
Tel: 707-539-7511
6200 St. Helena Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95404

Hanna Winery - Wine Tastings $10-$20
Tel: 707-575-3371
5353 Occidental Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95401

Hart's Desire Wines
Tel: 707-579-1687
2062 Pinercrest Drive
Santa Rosa, CA 95403

Harvest Moon Estate & Winery - Wine Tastings $5-$10
Tel: 707-573-8711
2192 Olivet Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95401

Paradise Ridge Winery - Wine Tastings $10
Tel: 707-528-9463
4545 Thomas Lake Harris Drive
Santa Rosa, CA 95403

Pellegrini Family Vineyards - Wine Tastings $0
Tel: 650-589-1313
4055 West Olivet Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95401

Siduri Wines - Wine Tastings $0
Tel: 707-578-3882
980 Airway Court, Suite C
Santa Rosa, CA 95403

Sunce Winery - Wine Tastings $0
Tel: 707-526-9463
1839 Olivet Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95401

Tara Bella Winery - Wine Tastings $0
Tel: 707-544-9049
3701 Viking Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95401

Sonoma Tasting Rooms

Robert Rue Vineyard

Hook & Ladder Winery

Bodega Bay Restaurants

Healdsburg Restaurants

Kenwood Restaurants

Santa Rosa Restaurants

Sebastopol Restaurants

Sonoma Restaurants